Read All About It!
FREE UP TALENT – THE BUZZ WORD IS LIBERTY – GIVE EVERYONE A CHANCE
Introduce an A Lifetime Curriculum, an alternative to an Academic Curriculum <today’s National Curriculum> so that all children can be winners, not just half of them. Turn today’s crisis in education into an opportunity.
Give all children an opportunity to liberate their innate and different talents. Stop trying to treat them as though they were all the same.
Remember we are equal only sometimes, unequal most times and always different, and the same with our rights.
This will help children with special educational needs achieve self-esteem, feel happy and fulfilled.
What would a Lifetime Curriculum look like? This is my suggestion. What is yours?
1. Computer and Internet – No-one today can exist without keyboarding skills and knowhow including computer games, including chess and bridge &c.
2. Domestic and family skills – Cooking is not just a female pursuit. Managing power supply. DIY skills. First Aid and Hygiene. Living with a partner.
3. Music, Art and Design and their appreciation, the benefits to last a lifetime.
4. Culture including human rights, modern history, and literature, including poetry and drama, and how other people in the world live.
5. Two conversational foreign languages invaluable in today’s UK in hospitality industry as well as in caring profession. Yes, mandarin Chinese an option.
6. Health & Safety – including diet to head off obesity, PE and sport of all kinds.
7. Faith – understanding the world’s religions – why people believe or don’t. The mutuality of respect.
8. The environment –Greta Thunberg stuff.
MAKE LEARNING FUN! AND NO TIME FOR BULLYING!
At the end of the day a Green Diploma not a Degree. To be treasured every bit as much as a Degree.
And a final thought for you. For the NHS as well as for Schools for the last 70 years since the 1945-1951 Attlee Government – in the UK the Labour Party’s high watermark – its Intelligentsia has rested on its prickly laurel leaves; with Academia switching off its self satisfied critical thought processes. A good illustration of CMI, Chronic Mental Inertia. Now read my last post.
PLEASE SHARE IF YOU WANT REAL CHANGE